The site claims to be 100% free but they ask for your credit card info. They end up charging you $118.43 per month for something that is supposedly free!
- My Profile: Edit your profile, upload videos and photos through this section.
- My Connections:
- Notifications: See who has viewed your profile, who has initiated messages with you and so on.
- Mailbox: Manage your emails from this section.
- Online Now: See who is online right now.
- ScoreBoard: See who has the highest score (most popular) on the site.
- XXX Videos: Watch adult videos from this section.
- Live Cams: Watch live cams from this section.
- Search: Search for people according to age, gender, country and city.
This review is on a dating site called LocalHookup.com. For this investigation we signed up as free members of the dating service to see exactly how the site operates. Our investigation including all the evidence is available below for you to read in detail.
Age Verification That Leads To Porno Charges
After we created a free membership we were sent to a secondary page where we were asked for a credit card for age verification to activate our free account on the site. Under no circumstances should you give a site your credit card to prove your age. This is always a scam to get your credit card information so they can start billing it. Unfortunately there are many gullible people that will fall for this con. They are more than happy to give there credit card information to activate their free account. Unfortunately those people end up getting charged $118.43 per month until they cancel the recurring monthly charges. The charges to your credit card include a dating site ($49.95 month) as well as 2 adult porno sites ($39.61 and $28.87). You can see the evidence below and the charges that will appear on your credit card statement. Do not give these crooks your credit card information or you will be very sorry.
Most Women Are Fake
LocalHookup.com uses fake dating profiles. All the profiles on this site are fabricated. All the info in the profiles including photos and all personal info is 100% fake. What you're looking at are completely fictitious profiles that are not members of this site. If you look at the evidence below look at the logo circled in red at the top right of the red circle in very small letters it says "LS". This is an abbreviation for "Love Stars" which signifies that this is actually a fake dating profile created by the dating site. This is all backed up with real evidence that you can find in the terms and conditions of the site where they actually admit to the creation of fake profiles that they term "Love Stars". Every single girl we viewed on this site has an LS" logo defining it as a phony girl.
Taken directly from the terms and conditions:
- You understand, acknowledge, and agree that some of the user profiles posted on this site may be fictitious or models or bots related to our "Love Stars" program.
- You understand, acknowledge, and agree that the information, text, and pictures contained in the LS profiles do not pertain to any actual person or member, but are included for entertainment purposes only.
Did You Receive Any Chat Messages?
This site uses of a bunch of different tactics to deceive people into upgrading to a paid subscription. The most popular method to deceive people is the fake chat messages that pop up on your screen when you are logged into the members area of this site. Time and time again when we were logged into the members doing our research we were met with chat messages (see evidence below) from attractive looking local girls. But after investigating every single profile we found that all the profiles had the "LS" logo on it signifying that the particular profile sending us chat messages was created by the dating site. If you try to reply back to the chat messages you are requested to upgrade your membership to communicate with other members. These messages are completely automated, no one is sending us instant messages. What's really going on is that computer software programs are being used to make it appear as if we are being contacted by real girls. The scam is that they want you to try to communicate back to the fake girls so then you need to upgrade in order to do so. They want to make money off of your ignorance.
Taken directly from the terms and conditions:
- You further understand, acknowledge, and agree that, from time-to-time, LS may contact Website and Services users and members via electronic messaging, including for example, email, instant messages, and SMS.
- Messages from LS will contain the uniform designation "LS" or Love Stars to notify the user or member that a message has been received from Love Star(s).
- You understand, acknowledge, and agree that no physical meeting will ever take place between you and LS, and that the exchange of messages between you and a LS is for entertainment purposes.
Did You Receive Any Messages From Girls On Their Web Cams?
Another part of the phony messages deception is the video chat messages that we received. If you haven't figured it out by now all of video chats are just pre-recorded videos that play over and over again. No women are chatting with us. There are no girls that are stripping in front of the webcam and showing us their goods. This is all a scam to once again trick us into trying to communicate back to the women. We are then are asked to upgrade to communicate back to them (see evidence below). It's all a con to get us to upgrade to a monthly subscription!
Hosting Server Info:
- Address Of Host: 30077 Agoura Court First Floor Agoura CA 91301 USA
- IP Address Of Server: 22.214.171.124
- Name Servers: DNS5.TNCSERVERS.NET, DNS6.TNCSERVERS.NET
- Phone: 877-597-3436, 800-891-6631
- Addresses: 1 Mitsi Building 1, 1st floor, Office 4 Plateia Eleftherias, Nicosia Cyprus 1060
- 13 Kypranoros Street, 2nd Floor, Office 201, 1061, CY 2083, Nicosia Cyprus
- Email: [email protected]
- Cancel Account: Krewdates.com
Based on evidence and our experience with this dating service we cannot recommend it. You are throwing your money into a money pit when you give them your credit card information. This is all well organized scam that should actually be under investigation by law enforcement agencies.
File A Report
- Contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint if you feel that you have been scammed or ripped off.
*Please leave a review and describe your personal experiences with this site.