- $1.95 for a 3 day paid subscription to this dating service.
- $29.95 for a 1 month paid subscription to this dating service.
- $69.00 for a 3 month paid subscription to this dating service.
- Who's Online: See who is online now.
- Find Members: Find and search members.
- Buddies: See who is on your buddy list.
- Live Cams: See live web cam shows from web cam girls who strip nude. You need to upgrade to use this service.
- Live Chat: Chat live on the site in the flash based chat rooms. You need to upgrade to use this service.
- Extra: Watch adult videos through this section.
New scam dating sites continue to be created and marketed by unscrupulous online businesses. HookupOnline.com is associated with numerous known scam sites that we have recently reviewed and exposeD for fraudulent business tactics. These phony dating sites include, Over40Only.com, CheaterSociety.com and MilfsConnection.com.
I Acknowledge That This Site Uses Fake Profiles!
Did you see on the front page of the site that you need to acknowledge and agree to the site uses "Online Cupids" which are fake profiles that are operated by the site (see evidence below). Most people skip past this important statement and jump right into registering on the site. But this is such a huge red flag that cannot be underestimated. This site is admitting they use fake profiles and fake women right on their homepage and people still join the site, how idiotic is that?
This is what you need to agree to before you gain access to HookupsOnline.com:
By proceeding I acknowledge and agree that this Site includes Online Cupids® which are fantasy profiles operated by the site for entertainment and compliance. Online Cupids® may interact with users to encourage full participation in the Site’s services, procedures, and options. For more information regarding Online Cupids click here.
Fictitious Emails Emailed To Free Members
As soon as we verified our email we logged into the members area where we started receiving emails. If you don't know, all the emails that we receive and probably the ones you have received are all phony. These emails while they do look genuine and look like they're being sent from attractive looking girls are all fictitious. Unfortunately this site has come up with the idea of using email messages that are completely phony. These emails are not even sent by real humans. The emails we received were sent using computer software programs called bots. These bots are specifically created to mimic real people and with these bots they can send as many emails as they want to you from as many different fake users as they want. These bots are called "Online Cupids" and you can read about them in the terms and conditions which we will get to later in this investigation. But for now just understand that all the emails we received were totally fake. You can see from the evidence below circled in red are the words "Online Cupids" also known as fake profiles!
What Are "Online Cupids"?
We touched on the subject of "Online Cupids" and how you need to agree to the use of nature of "Online Cupids" before you are given access to the members area of the dating site. Now we will go into more detail as to what exactly "Online Cupids" are. "Online Cupids" are fictitious women. If you look at the evidence below circle in red you will see you the words "Online Cupid", this is a fake female member profile created by the site. This site admits to creating fake profiles and pawns them off as legitimate members of the of the site when they are not. The evidence below shows that one female profile was actually an amateur porn star! We have included the specific links to wear this exact photograph is located on other sites across the web. This was only one member profile of who knows how many with amateur porn star photos stolen and taken from other sites and then pawned off as real members of HookupOnline.com. In the terms and conditions they outline and admit to using "Online Cupids" as part of the marketing program. They admitted these are fantasy profiles NOT real people.
Also take a look at the evidence below, we did member searches and all the member profiles that came up were "Online Cupids"! Circled in red you can see that every single girl on that search page and other pages on the site were "Online Cupids".
(This girl is being pawned off as a real member of HookupsOnline.com when in reality she is an amateur porn star!)
The list of links showing the exact same image being used in an "Online Cupid" profile:
Why Are We Receiving Fake Buddy Invites & Fake Profile View Notifications?
Also part of their master deception and elaborate scam is the use of automated profiles to send free member such as ourselves fake "buddy invites" and fake profile view notifications. A 'buddy invite" is when someone wants to add you to their buddy list and profile views is when someone views your profile. In both cases these type of notifications are used as marketing gimmicks. Since you're on a dating site you're going to be interested to see who wants to add you to their buddy list or who has viewed your profile. From there if you see an attractive looking girl wants to be your "buddy" more than likely you will want to communicate back to that person. When you try to communicate back your told to upgrade to a paid monthly subscription to this site. This is how they deceive you and trick you into upgrading to a completely useless monthly membership to a fake dating site. Please take a look at evidence below showing the phony profile views and phony buddy invites that we personally received.
The Terms & Conditions Explain It All
Now to back up everything that we have alleged throughout this investigation, we have included the most important parts of the Terms and Conditions page where the website describes exactly how they use "Online Cupids", fake emails, fabricated profiles and fake instant messages to get you to upgrade from your free membership to a paid monthly subscription. This is always the end goal and why they use every single deception they can on you. Take a look at the paragraphs below, you will probably be shocked that they even admit to doing this. You can also click on the link to view it directly on their website (Terms and Conditions page (section 9).
THIS SITE USES FANTASY PROFILES CALLED ONLINE CUPIDS®: You understand, acknowledge, and agree that some of the user profiles posted on this site may be fictitious and operated by the Site or its contractors. These profiles and related messages are conspicuously labeled with the Online Cupids logo .
- Messages sent from our Online Cupids® service may be automatically generated with no human involvement, and Online Cupids® messages and/or correspondence may be generated by third-parties hired or contracted by Us.
- You understand, acknowledge, and agree that the information, text, and pictures contained in the Online Cupids® service profiles do not pertain to any actual person, but are included for entertainment and educational purposes only. Nothing contained in any Online Cupids® service profile or message is intended to describe or resemble any real person – living or dead. Any similarity between Online Cupids® user profile descriptions or images and any person is purely coincidental.
- You further understand, acknowledge, and agree that, from time-to-time, Online Cupids® profiles may contact both free users and paid users via computer-generated Instant Messages or emails for purposes referenced above. These messages may be transmitted to multiple recipients at the same or similar time(s). Messages from Online Cupids® profiles will contain the uniform designation "Online Cupid" to notify the user that a message has been received from an Online Cupids® profile.
- You understand, acknowledge, and agree that no physical meeting will ever take place between you and the individuals providing our Online Cupids® service.
Hosting Server Info:
- Address Of Host: 6777 EMBARCADERO DR, SUITE #3 STOCKTON CA 95219 USA
- IP Address Of Server: 220.127.116.11
- Name Servers: NS1.CENTURIONHOSTING.COM, NS2.CENTURIONHOSTING.COM
Contact Information :
- Phone: 1-888-649-9178
- Address: Dositheou, 42\nStrovolos, P.C. 2028, Nicosia, Cyprus
- Email: [email protected]
Every trick and deception they can think of is throw at you in the hopes that you will fall for them and buy a membership. We exposed the con for what it is, the decision is yours if you want to deal with a company that runs a fictitious dating service.
Search For Real Females Here
if you want to search for real women
File A Report
- Contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint if you were scammed from this company.