Investigative Report: Does SnapCandy.com Use Automated Bots To Mislead You?
- $1.00 for a 2 day trial membership to the website.
- $34.95 for a 1 month membership to the website.
- $119.95 for an 18 month membership to the website.
- $24.95 for a monthly membership to the website.
- $99.95 for a 12 month membership to the website.
- Video Chat: Chat with women through the video chat software.
- Live Girls: See web cam video of live females.
- Galleries: You can look at images of hot girls on the site.
- Online Now: Find out who's online now.
- Search: The most important feature is the search feature.
- Advanced Search: Use the advanced search feature according to the options listed below.
- Sexual Preference: Look for people according to their sexual preference.
- Gender: Look for people according to gender.
- Age: Look for people based on age.
- Location: Look for people based on country, city, state and zip code.
- Appearance: Look for people based on eye color, body type, hair color and race.
- Profession: Look for people according to their profession.
- Income: Look for people according to their income.
- Compatibility: Look for people based on religion, the language spoken, as well as their marital status.
- Interested in: Search for people based on the type of relationship they are looking for such as experimenting, threesomes, friends with benefits, online flirting, meet in person and open to relationship.
SnapCandy.com looks strikingly similar to SnapSext.com, as well as UberHorny.com. Why is that? It's because all three of these sites are operated and run by the same dating network. We joined Snap Candy in order to do a detailed and unbiased investigation. A couple of things we'd like to mention before you read our investigation. First off we are not biased and we have an open mind when we join any dating site. With that statement in place we should also point out that it's very hard for anyone to fool us at this point of the game. We have been doing online dating reviews for many years now and we can spot fake, fraudulent scams a mile away. What we found out about Snap Candy is ready for you to read below.
Automated Messages Used To Direct You To Upgrade
Automatically after joining SnapCandy.com messages started popping up when we are logged in to the members area of the site. As evidence we have taken screenshots to prove the various messages we have being receiving. These messages are mostly sent using something called "Icebreaker". Icebreaker messages are automatically generated and sent when you are logged into the members area of the site. Unknown to most people is that the messages are not sent from actual members but are generated automatically using computer bot systems. These computer bots have been created and built specifically to send correspondence and email messages to members of SnapCandy.com. The messages appear to be coming naturally from women sending you emails, but this is absolutely not the case. The messages are used as a marketing tactic. The marketing tactic is as follows, you receive an icebreaker message and then you try to respond to the email or message you have received at which time you will be asked to upgrade to chat (see the evidence we have below).
(Automated messages designed to lure you into buying a paid membership.)
(Icebreaker messages created as a marketing strategy to get free members to upgrade to a paid membership package.)
(18 emails automatically sent to us.)
Phony Profiles Using Images Found On Multiple Image Sites
SnapCandy.com states that they do not create fictitious profiles on their dating site. There are "no service creative profiles" from what they say in the terms and conditions and that could very well be. But from our investigation and using sophisticated image reverse software programs we were able to identify numerous profiles that are using stolen photographs in their Snap Candy profiles copied from other web sites online. Some of these web sites include porno sites as well as adult escort websites. We're not sure if the website's owners are behind this or romance scammers are using the site and creating fake profiles. Regardless of who is behind the fake profiles is the fact that there are profiles on this site using stolen images. This is something you should be aware of if you plan on using SnapCandy.com. It's important to find a legitimate dating site that screens their users so there is less chance of getting ripped off by either the site or by third-party romance scammers from Nigeria, Russia and other countries.
(Fictitious profile photo found on countless other sites.)
(This girl is actually an escort found on multiple escort sites, she is not looking to meet men on SnapCandy.com.)
(Profile pic found on SnapCandy.com, also found on numerous other sites.)
(Profile pic found on SnapCandy.com, also found on numerous other sites.)
Some More Evidence In The Terms And Conditions
After sifting through the terms and conditions page of SnapCandy.com we found certain paragraphs that we think you should be aware of. The first paragraph states that they do use pop up notifications while you are logged on the site. And they also state that you need to purchase a paid membership to be able to initiate or even view any emails from the pop up messages that they send you. You can be taken directly to the terms and conditions page by clicking this link.
"The Site may cause pop-ups to display as a system notification on your screen while you are viewing the Site. These system notifications may or may not indicate they have been initiated by the Site and may provide you with limited information about other members of the Site and/or such member's activity on the Site. The system notifications may prompt you to initiate dialogue with other member(s) (who may or may not have upgraded to a paid account and may have varying login and activity levels). If you wish to initiate dialogue and have not purchased a membership to the Site, you will be required to purchase a paid membership prior to being able to initiate or even review any dialogue; however, it is possible that the member with whom you wish to initiate dialogue may not respond for various reasons including, without limitation, the member is not interested in responding, may not be actively monitoring his/her account and/or may no longer be available.
The Site may, from time to time, offer an automated message and response program called “While You Were Away”. You may change your settings for “While You Were Away” at any time by updating your account settings."
Hosting Server Info:
- Address Of Host: 709 Washington Ave Miami Beach Florida 33139 USA
- IP Address Of Server: 220.127.116.11
- Name Servers: ns1.dpnet.com, ns2.dpnet.com, ns3.dpnet.com, ns4.dpnet.com
SnapCandy.com Contact Information :
- Phone: toll free number 1-855-443-5464 or outside USA +1-310-526-2151
- Addresses: 705 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Email: [email protected]
We did find fictitious profiles on the site as proven in this investigation. We have no proof that the site is making the fake profiles or romance scammers are behind it. The site does however admit they use an automatic pop-up notification system that sends you emails as bait to get you to upgrade (something that we thing is possibly fraudulent). At the end of the day we don't plan on visiting SnapCandy.com again. We don't think the site is a scam but the fact that there are fictitious profiles at every turn and also the use of Icebreaker messages to lure people into upgrading we don't really appreciate.
Search For Females
If you want to find real women, then look at these legit dating sites.