- $3.18 for a 3 day trial paid membership.
- $24.49 for a 1 month recurring subscription.
- $41.97 for a 3 month recurring subscription.
- $67.14 for a 6 month recurring subscription.
- Friends: Check out who is on your friends list.
- Activity: The activity page shows who has sent you messages, views and winks.
- Match Feed: The Match feeds shows you matches of women close to you.
- Like Gallery: The "Like Gallery" lets you choose who is hot or not.
They Create User Profiles To Market To You
This is straight from the horses mouth, this company admits in their own writings they're behind the creation of some of the user profiles on their site. You might be asking yourself why is a dating site creating phony profiles on their dating sites?
First, you need to understand how dating sites work. This is a hookup dating site different from a traditional dating service such as EHarmony or Match.com. Therefore you're going to get different kinds of people using hookup sites compared to traditional dating sites. A traditional dating site will attract a lot more female users because those kind of sites are used to build relationships with people. Shagtogether.com is a hook-up site used for one night stands and quick flings. Everyone knows men are much more likely to be involved in one night hookups compared to women. That's not saying there are no women that do this but generally males will be more inclined to do quick hookups and women would prefer to have a relationship.
So for that reason this website logically won't have enough women on it. There's going to be a lot more men on Shagtogether.com than women. This is a huge dilemma for the administrators of the site so what they have devised is to create user profiles that are operated by their staff. You cannot tell which profiles on this site are real legitimate member profiles and which ones have been created by the staff. They look exactly the same, nothing is different about them. So you as a user of the site looking to meet real woman cannot identify which profiles are real and which ones are phony.
The second reason they create user profiles is to market to you.They use these fake profiles to "market to you" by misleading and deceiving you so will want to upgrade your membership. Anytime you try to communicate with any of the staff created fake user profiles on the site you will be asked to upgrade a purchase a paid subscription to their service. This is how to they stay in business. Without the user profiles and without the marketing behind them they would not be able to survive.
The terms and conditions page of the site (section 1) explains everything you need to know about how they admit to creating fictitious user profiles. It can all be found in the terms and conditions page.
3 Email Messages Sent By Computer Bots
So far in this investigation we have received 3 email messages from the fictitious user profiles that have been created by the staff. You might be asking yourself well how do we know that they are fake people contacting us, they could be real. And yes you're correct in that assumption. But, since Shag Together tells us they use made up fake profiles we should assume that all profiles on the site are fake. It wouldn't be smart for us to think that we are being contacted by real people especially since our profile is completely blank (see evidence below). We don't even have a single photograph in our dating profile. So in reality there is absolutely no reason or incentive for anyone to be interested in contacting us. However for some magical reason we received three messages from three different women while logged in to the members area of the site. We've done reviews before on legitimate dating sites and you never receive emails from women, especially if your profile is empty. So receiving emails and contact from women when our profile has no information at all is a huge red flag that something is going on.
(Screen shot of our blank profile)
And on top of that the website even admits that they send automated email messages to their users. The computer-generated messages are used to "encourage people to become a paid member". These are their words not ours. In their terms and conditions they state that exact sentence. So we're going to take their word for it and believe that they send us and countless other people automated fictitious computer-generated email messages to try to get us to become a paid member because that's exactly what's going on here. We have no doubt about it!
(Screen shot showing we received 3 email messages from "user profiles" created and operated by the site.)
Where Do They Get Photos For The Phony Profiles?
ShagTogether.com doesn't hide the fact that they create user profiles. They don't advertise it everywhere, but if you read the terms and conditions they do confess they are creating virtual profiles. But have you ever wondered where those photographs come from? The people in the photographs are real people but they're not members of ShagTogether.com. They're not looking to meet anyone in person. So, how did those photos end up in the faux profiles and where exactly did those photos come from? Through under investigation we identified two made up profiles and the photographs where they were taken from. We have provided you with the direct links so you can see the photographs used to make those fake virtual profiles. We're not sure if they have approval to use those people's photographs or not but regardless of that is that these profiles are not legitimate members of the site.
The handy tool we use to search and find duplicate photographs and the corresponding links is called Tin Eye. This is a great little software tool that helps you identify any photograph and where it's located online. Something we should state is that thy could have gotten permission to use the photos for the make believe profiles they create but that is secondary.
FYI, you can also use Google to identify if profile photographs are also found on other web sites using the reverse image search. You can read how to use Google reverse image search here.
(This profile photo was found on the links listed below)
(This profile photo was found on the links listed below)
Read What They Say About How They Operate In Their Own Words
The most incriminating evidence comes straight from the horse's mouth. The terms and conditions page is a gold mine of data that can be used to prove without a shadow of a doubt that ShagTogether.com is responsible for creating bogus female profiles, using automated emails and knowing full well what they're doing. Take the time read the terms and conditions so you can understand and see for yourself exactly how this site runs their automated operation. This is not a dating site created with the intent of matching people up with one another, it's a web site built to appear to be a real dating site. It's all automated computer bots interacting with real people (like you and us) to cheat us into upgrading and purchasing a paid membership to this site.
- We create user profiles for use by our customer support representatives for the support, marketing…
- Our customer support representatives are encouraged to speak with our members and also to stimulate conversation between members by making introductions or recommendations or just to chat with Users, for entertainment purposes.
- Additionally, the Website utilizes automated system profiles to communicate with Users to enhance our Users’ entertainment experience.
- Both our live and automated user profiles, allow us to collect messages, instant chat and/or replies from individuals or programs for market research and/or customer experience and/or quality control and/or compliance purposes.
- You acknowledge and agree that some of the profiles posted on the Website that you may communicate with as a Registered User may be fictitious.
- The purpose of our creating these profiles is to provide our Registered Users with entertainment, to allow Registered Users to explore our Service and to promote greater participation in our Service.
- The messages they send are computer generated. Messages from the user profiles we create attempt to simulate communications so that should you become a paid Member you are encouraged to participate in more conversation and to increase interaction among fellow paid Members.
Hosting Server Info:
- Address Of Host: 75 Broad Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY, 10004, USA
- IP Address Of Server: 22.214.171.124
- Name Servers: ns1.p03.dynect.net, ns2.p03.dynect.net, ns3.p03.dynect.net, ns4.p03.dynect.net
Contact Information :
- Phone: 1-800-489-6091 or 1-212-796-5746
- Addresses: Trident Chambers P.O. Box 146, Road Town, Tortola, VG
- Email: [email protected], [email protected]
ShagTogether.com uses an array of marketing tactics to get you to buy a membership. The big question is this site a scam or not? You can make your own decision, our job is just to provide you with the evidence so you can make an informed choice. Whatever you do is up to you, but you can see the results we got with Shag Together.
Search For Real Females Here
if you want to search for real women
File A Report
- Contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint if you feel that you have been scammed or ripped off.